Relationship and Marriage Counselling Sunshine Coast
Relationship and Marriage Counselling
Whether single or married, healthy relationships take a lot of work and require personal growth. Counsellors at Halcyon Counselling Clinic are here to help you in every step of your life.
Book a Free 15 Minute call back Today
If you are not sure whether you need relationship counselling, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I keep failing in relationships?
- Currently in one and not sure what to do or how to feel?
- Did our relationship lose its spark?
- Am I struggling with commitment or infidelity?
- ARE YOU HAPPY? IS YOUR PARTNER HAPPY?
Warning signs of trouble in relationships:
- You do not do things together anymore.
- Recurring arguments regarding similar issues.
- Feeling dissatisfied and unhappy.
- One partner developing other interests and spending time doing activities without you.
- Loss of friendship and warmth in the relationship.
- Feeling exhausted and overwhelmed.
- Prioritizing others over your partner.
Some issues that may cause differences include:
- stress and pressure about anything including health, work, parents, children or money
- different goals and expectations
- different perspectives or values
- lack of time to spend together or lack of interest
- limited trust
- financial insecurity/difficulties
- raising children
- serious illness or disability
- sexual difficulties
- job loss or unemployment
- violence or abuse
- issues arising from a previous relationship.
Individual differences and warning signs of an unhealthy relationship are two distinct elements.
Differences of opinion and interests can enrich a relationship by:
- Bringing different perspectives and strengths to a relationship.
- Each partner has different things to offer which enriches the partnership such as – sense of humour, cooking etc.
- Sometimes you may not like their music taste or if they spend time playing games – Which is normal!! You may not like everything your partner brings to the table but conflicts can be resolved.
What is unique about you and your partner that makes your relationship better?
What is conflict in your relationship indicating?
- Frequent conflict and anger is not a good sign and indicates trouble in relationships.
- Are you hurting each other (emotionally or physically) during the conflict? Or do you try to be nice, calm, and understanding?
- Are you learning from the conflict, or do you feel you are always right?
- Avoiding issues that may cause conflict will only provide you with SHORT TERM peace.
- Conflict is a SYMPTOM. It is essential to find out why and what caused the conflict to be able to steer through it effectively the next time it arises.
Halcyon’s approach to relationship and marriage counselling
We at Halcyon believe that having a satisfying relationship is based on some education, self-reflection, and helpful coping strategies. We offer resources to do just that. We have counsellors that are specifically trained in relationship issues, so if you want to speak to an expert about any topic concerning relationship and marriage counselling, we can help.